Welcome to
the Forums!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
mob arena classes
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
mob arena classes
i noticed the dwarf lost his axe and got a dia sword. but dwarf without axe is just not right!
maybe he should have some potions of strengh (I or II) to compensate the fact, that axes can't get relevant enchantments.
this would make the dwarf a legitime class: medium armor, less healing than tank/knight but highest basis damage without enchantments. great for collecting some xp solo for other matches. and in a bigger party a chemist could compensate his lack of armor and healing.

and i think, knight is weak compared to tank. diamond sword deals 7 dmg (iron sword 6), and there is no relavant foe (i can think of) that you can kill with fewer hits compared to iron sword.
so the better sword gives no real advantage. only thing that stays is a weaker armor ( 7,5 defense points vs 10 - 60% dmg reduction vs 80%).
so knight should get a buff - more dmg, more healing,...

and i have to say: wolves don't really work well at mobarena. most time they won't attack (as they attack the target you attack with a melee weapon, when you wield a bow, they do nothing) and when they do, usually they will trigger creepers to explode.

any ideas for new classes? (maybe seperated from existing classes and only used in extra (fun) arena?)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: mob arena classes
If you want a fun class

Armor: Head; Pumpkin

Weapon: Snowballs.

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
(03-26-2012 04:47 PM)mamxan Wrote:  i noticed the dwarf lost his axe and got a dia sword. but dwarf without axe is just not right!
maybe he should have some potions of strengh (I or II) to compensate the fact, that axes can't get relevant enchantments.
this would make the dwarf a legitime class: medium armor, less healing than tank/knight but highest basis damage without enchantments. great for collecting some xp solo for other matches. and in a bigger party a chemist could compensate his lack of armor and healing.

and i think, knight is weak compared to tank. diamond sword deals 7 dmg (iron sword 6), and there is no relavant foe (i can think of) that you can kill with fewer hits compared to iron sword.
so the better sword gives no real advantage. only thing that stays is a weaker armor ( 7,5 defense points vs 10 - 60% dmg reduction vs 80%).
so knight should get a buff - more dmg, more healing,...

and i have to say: wolves don't really work well at mobarena. most time they won't attack (as they attack the target you attack with a melee weapon, when you wield a bow, they do nothing) and when they do, usually they will trigger creepers to explode.

any ideas for new classes? (maybe seperated from existing classes and only used in extra (fun) arena?)

I love the idea of new classes. If anyone has specific ideas, post them here. I'll be working on some mob arena stuff within the next few days and I'll see what I can do with all the ideas then.

(03-26-2012 06:01 PM)Ahrash2194 Wrote:  If you want a fun class

Armor: Head; Pumpkin

Weapon: Snowballs.

Tongue

Love it! This will be the Ahrash class Tongue
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
New class... Farmer.

Armor: Leather
Weapon: The all powerful hoe.
Golden apples.
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
i would like this ideal
05-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Class: Demo Man (for my mob arena, maybe for others...)
armor: (prolly diamond, doesn't matter too much...)
Weapon: TNT
maybe some healing stuff too.

[Image: 55X0lBb.png]
05-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Class: Scout
Armour: iron?
weapon: iron sword
i a butt ton of speed potions
06-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Class: Pyro
Armour: leather?
Weapons: Flint 'n' Steel! (I am right that firespread is disabled...?)
Other: Perhaps a few speed potions (sprint in,light em up sprint out)

Hit an run ftw!

Warlord out.

[Image: jufV1.jpg]
Want a room? /res tp 5starhotel
Need building supplies? /res tp propertyofwarlordjones
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 04:59 PM by Nathangorr.)
Class: Zombie
Armor: Iron helmet
Weapon: Iron shovel (because thats what some drop when you kill them.)
Other: Zombie flesh

[Image: 1hNYh8E]
06-07-2012, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 12:41 AM by NepheneeL.)
(06-04-2012 04:59 PM)Nathangorr Wrote:  Class: Zombie
Armor: Iron helmet
Weapon: Iron shovel (because thats what some drop when you kill them.)
Other: Zombie flesh

Zombies can drop almost any Iron item.

Honestly I'd like to see a builder class. it has blocks that can only be used once. (placed not removed) and some light armor and a sword. compensate for the extreme utility with low offense and defense. To use everybody else's format. Obviously it would have to be a block not used in the building of any arena and there would need to be something to reset the blocks after the arena is finished.

Class: Builder
Armor: leather
Weapon: Stone Sword
Other: Health Potion, A place-able block or Fence

Another idea would be a trap master. He could have a dispenser and some arrows or flame potions.

Class: Trapper
Armor: Light
Weapon: Bow, Wood Sword
Other: Dispenser, Redstone Torch or Switch