Minecraft World Map

Full Version: Reporting DouglasRab for spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have seen quite alot of threads here from DouglasRab, which is spamming ads in Ukrainian on this site. The report button doesn't work, so i'm making a thread here. It would be appreciated if he/she would get banned on this site. Thanks
(08-06-2019, 04:32 PM)MaRRyyas Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i have seen quite alot of threads here from DouglasRab, which is spamming ads in Ukrainian on this site. The report button doesn't work, so i'm making a thread here. It would be appreciated if he/she would get banned on this site. Thanks

I vowed to never clean up the forums again after I retired, but this was getting ridiculous. The bot posted 2,245 threads in 2 months, I've never seen it this bad. Guess that is what happens when you don't have anyone actively moderating a MyBB forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have killed the account, almost took down the forums in the process. Interestingly enough, the posts seem to be part of an extensive advertising network that brought illegitimate traffic to the forums. MyBB was reporting that there were ~150 visitors/day exclusivity viewing DouglasRab threads. If something this disastrous happens again, PM me. I'll deal with it. I will not deal with general spam (1-5 posts), there's just too much of it, and I rarely visit this website anymore. I just spent an hour deleting 2.6k posts.

For future reference, reporting doesn't actually do anything, unfortunately. Reports are never dealt with automatically. All I see is a notice like the one below, which leads to a page I don't have permission to view.

I get a giant red notice on every page, but I cannot read the notices. Beautiful. This is how well maintained the site is. This is why I retired.