Minecraft World Map

Full Version: Newbie help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, just got on this forum and need some help. Cannot download a map. Tried the tutorial, but when the video shows dragging the Minecraft icon into the Download folder under Favorites, it does not allow me to do that.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this please?

Thanks!
Is your problem that you cannot download the world entirely, and when you click the download button you don't see this window?

Or is your problem that you cannot find the location of where the world should go after you download it?
The problem is I can download the file but I cannot get it to run with the Minecraft program.
Are you referring to this page's tutorial?
http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/help
The Minecraft appdata shortcut folder is not a requirement, you do not have to do that. Use your start menu and search %appdata%.
Make sure that you unzip the folder before running the map!
Ok when I use that search, I get the folder and when I open it I get sub folders like:

assets
libraries
logs
resourcepacks, etc

If I go to Players and then the folder (in this case NikeMichigan) and I try to open it, it just recycles and doesn't attempt to unzip.
Huh I'm not sure what you are asking. Why do you need to use the world's Players folder?
(01-29-2014, 08:19 PM)spaceknight11 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok when I use that search, I get the folder and when I open it I get sub folders like:

assets
libraries
logs
resourcepacks, etc

If I go to Players and then the folder (in this case NikeMichigan) and I try to open it, it just recycles and doesn't attempt to unzip.
don't go to "players". open the subfolder "saves" and move your downloaded map-archive in here. after that, you have to extract the archive, depending on the archive-structure - this is explained in the tutorial here: http://youtu.be/xNf9Xl5m3dM?t=1m17s
Ok, I think that is where the problem is. Minecraft on this PC only reflects as an application and does not reflect it's own folder. I cannot simply run a search on the C: and find Minecraft other than as an application format. How can I correct that so I can access the folders?
Ok so when I try to download it, it only gives me the option to Run or Cancel. It's not allowing me the option to Save. Should I just dump the app I have now and start from scratch on it?
Pages: 1 2 3