Minecraft World Map

Full Version: Empty Chests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question, when I download maps all the chests are empty when I play them. Is this standard? A lot of my chests in my own map contain essential objects for the game I'm creating but if people download my map and the chests are empty that's going to be a problem!
In which version of Minecraft are you opening the maps? Opening a map using a given version of Minecraft is known to delete chest inventories if the map has been saved in a higher version. For example, maps saved in 1.8+ will have empty chests if you load them in 1.7 or earlier versions.
I'm currently using 1.8.7 so presumably all should be good?
Yeah, it should be. I recommend you check multiple worlds, specifically worlds that are supposed to have starting chests if you can find them, in order to see if it is a problem you're having or if the worlds you've downloaded so far just happen to have no items in their chests. Not to toot my own horn, but I know absolutely that my world has items in its chests, so if you can't find any items there, then you definitely have a problem.
Feel free to toot away!

Just downloaded and tried your map. Chests all full which makes me feel a lot better. Thanks!
No problem.