Minecraft World Map

Full Version: fake minecraftworldmap website clones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was trying to find some info on a location i'm adding into a world im working on.
https://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds...435/-5/0/0

but i ended up pulling up a bunch of websites that seem to be actively cloning this site.
[REMOVED]
they visuals of the map isn't functioning, but it's all still there.
this feels like it's not a good thing but i'm not sure what to do about it.
(02-20-2017, 07:10 PM)ryuzoku Wrote: [ -> ]i was trying to find some info on a location i'm adding into a world im working on.
https://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds...435/-5/0/0

but i ended up pulling up a bunch of websites that seem to be actively cloning this site.
[REMOVED]
they visuals of the map isn't functioning, but it's all still there.
this feels like it's not a good thing but i'm not sure what to do about it.

I've done a bit of research, and I concluded that there is nothing to worry about; as the websites encountering this issue were developed and managed by Macro Elite (Skeight's Company). You will only see this issue if you visit any of the sites with HTTPS rather than HTTP. 

Here are some other sites doing the same thing:

[REMOVED]
so you don't mind that they're cloning this site?

your log in button is on that site as well, i'd be worried about people trying to log in on it.
(02-21-2017, 05:35 AM)ryuzoku Wrote: [ -> ]so you don't mind that they're cloning this site?

your log in button is on that site as well, i'd be worried about people trying to log in on it.

These sites are not clones of Minecraft World Map, as they retrieve all content directly from pylo.macroelite.ca, which our site runs off of. If you login to your account through any of these sites, all authentication information will be sent through only our servers. The fact that these sites do this is due to some sort of configuration issue on Skeight's part, as they were all developed and managed by him at some point.
ok. That makes me feel a lot better about them then. i was worried that people would try to log in and have their info stolen, etc.
thanks, for responding Smile
This was a configuration error on the server side.  They weren't cloning the site but redirecting in a weird way since they weren't using HTTPS like we are now defaulting too.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.