Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019)
02-08-2019, 02:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 02:56 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019)
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
Hello all,
I have made a lot of progress with MapViewer, though the features that I have been adding are taking a lot more time than I anticipated. I have successfully set up my render servers, UIs, and login systems, but the uploading backend still needs quite a bit of work to make sure it has a low failure rate.

For those who are curious, I am currently implementing the following features:
  • Automated Minecraft map version detection. Removes the option for users to incorrectly select the version of Minecraft the map utilizes and prevents users from uploading unsupported worlds. This is extremely complicated to perform during the initial upload process.
  • Different server instances for each individual render session. If one render server fails, the map in question will be permanently deleted after notifying the user and the instance will be automatically decommissioned. The render queue will continue with all available instances.
As a reminder, all of my code is documented and will become open source once MapViewer is fully released.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019) - by Nathangorr - 02-08-2019, 02:56 PM