RE: Play World Spawn World - Earn Diamond for voting
warlordjones Offline Member View worlds
Gimme my diamond! Big Grin
04-22-2012, 03:56 PM,
Threads: 19
Sir_Scott331 Offline Mob Killer View worlds
I vote we move the spawn to the mall it looks nice
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM by aenrique.)
Threads: 3
aenrique Offline Member View worlds
I am 100% in agreement with having a minecart station.

I myself have already started working on minecart conections between major points. Frankly, the spawn is ugly, disorienting, and as a new player starting out I couldnt wait to move and get some fresh air.

As you can see below, the spawn is awful.
We have started making minecart rails to join towns/cities.

i suggest a quick earthquake/volcano in that polluted area and move the spawn to a cleaner area so we can join the minecart network to it.

Blue - awful mess - SPAWN
Black - /res tp Junction
Red - NON-congested cities + towns joined by minecart

04-24-2012, 09:46 AM,
Threads: 19
Sir_Scott331 Offline Mob Killer View worlds
The reason i moved away from spawn is cause its a big greif place, now i live in the middle of no where lol. i was going thew severs looking for things we could do also and i found one with a shopping city its a huge city that has like plots people could buy and we could make sure it wasnt messy, and players could make there shop to look how ever they want.
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM,
Threads: 8
BlkDrgn Offline Member View worlds
(04-24-2012, 09:46 AM)Sir_Scott331 Wrote: The reason i moved away from spawn is cause its a big greif place, now i live in the middle of no where lol. i was going thew severs looking for things we could do also and i found one with a shopping city its a huge city that has like plots people could buy and we could make sure it wasnt messy, and players could make there shop to look how ever they want.

could take what sir scott said and incorperate it into the spawn where like at the center of the shopping area ud have a well where ud spawn at, by the way ill be back on when my motherboard gets replaced
05-29-2012, 08:00 AM,
Threads: 1
Raiden600 Offline Carl Winslow View worlds
I just entered the Play World the other night, and I agree that the spawn location is a bit... unpleasant. When I first looked around, I thought it had been mass-griefed, with all the mined-out potholes. Literally, my first minute in the world, I nearly fell to my death into a hard-to-see one-block mined pit (laid cobblestone floor) along a path somewhere around -210, 65, 267. While some of the buildings look nice, giving the area a nice skyline, there were a lot of slummy looking hovels and shops lining two of the routes I tried to follow out of the spawn area. There were signs everywhere, and it was hard to tell what was a solicitation, and what was important server-related info. This adds to the disorientation, lack of curb appeal, and was spawning lots of hostile mobs at ground level around the spawn.

My first impression was that it looked like a warzone, which would be cool if that's what the world is trying to portray (though I suspect it isn't). I spent the first few days and nights dying, just trying to figure out how to get out of the area to find a place that actually had fresh unprotected trees or earth I could harvest, and where I could subsist past a day or two.

Sorry if I come across kinda negative, that was just my first impression (it was still way better than other public servers I've been on). Once I got a ways out, I could finally appreciate the world, and many of the nice bulidings (as long as I avoided pitfalls and uncovered mines). But, just getting out of the haphazard spawn area was a somewhat big hurdle when I didn't have any tools, armor or food. I'd support any attempt to make it a more beginner-friendly and visually-appealing location.
05-29-2012, 08:15 AM,
Threads: 94
larperdoodle Offline Diamond Miner View worlds
Yeah I agree. My first action in play world was to get as a far away from spawn as possible. That is now much easier with res. Look on the live map for a res far away from spawn, and /res tp to it.
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM by afguy20041.)
Threads: 36
afguy20041 Offline Server Admin/Forums Moderator View worlds
agreed we should put ahrash's spawn in place it looks way better and it would give a new player a good first impression about the server since it is the main world for the server
07-05-2012, 01:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 01:42 AM by NepheneeL.)
Threads: 4
NepheneeL Offline (>'.')> View worlds
What ever we do, I think there should be plots for sale around the spawn, that way it isn't 1st come 1st serve for people that want to build near it. Also i think that all plots within a 50 block radius or so should be small player owned shops, with wide, nice streets running between them.

Here's Why:

We want spawn to be a place where people frequent, putting a lot of player owned shops there would make it a more active place. Selling house plots near spawn just makes a bunch of inaccessible big buildings all around. Spawn should be the center of activity in the world and it should be HIGHLY regulated by the admins. IE.

What spawns should have:
  • No Death trap holes
  • Wide, well lit streets
  • Nice shops with reasonable prices so people frequent the area
  • Newbie friendly environment
  • Free Melons
  • A VIEW

I cannot emphasize that last point enough. Spawns should be located at least 10-15 blocks in the air with no extremely large outstanding structures, almost like a pedestal. People want an amazing first experience when they join a server and if they don't get it they will find another one. I think these thinks recommendations would make it so.

Also why is this a one person thing? This should be done in the same way mob arenas are done. Competition.

Here is what I would do:

Create a superflat world where "the dropper" was have 100x100 areas available for whoever wants them. Run a spawn creation contest that last between 2 weeks and 1 month. Post pictures of all the spawns after that time. Vote on the forums for the best one.

This world could be deleted after the competition and wouldn't waste and space in creative or elsewhere.

One a side note, anybody else think my ideas make the admins' lives hard? lol
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM,
Threads: 92
Ahrash2194 Offline A Simple Moderator View worlds
really like your idea ^