• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No render/black map?
09-23-2012, 12:30 AM,
Threads: 1
No render/black map?
TuxedoRonny Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
I've tried to upload my map:

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/...161/-4/0/0

several times, but it doesn't display anything (for me at least?) but blackness and an alleged spawnpoint marker. I looked over the forums and all I saw were posts resolved by deleting the mcr files, of which I have none, but still nothing! I don't know if any error messages are being displayed because I don't know how to turn such alerts on.

Any help would be very appreciated, thank you!
09-25-2012, 08:17 AM,
Threads: 117
RE: No render/black map?
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
I'm guessing you have a chunk of land (sometimes from a stray nether portal) that is really far away from most of your world which is why the numbers are so big in the url (numbers in url are game coordinates).

Assuming you don't have anything interesting built there you can check your regions folder for any .MCA files that have really large numbers attached to them and delete those files.

Most will be r.0.0.mca but one or a few will have large numbers.

FAIR WARNING: Be sure to make a backup of your files before deleting anything in the regions folder.

09-26-2012, 02:17 AM,
Threads: 1
RE: No render/black map?
TuxedoRonny Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
I looked, and (after I made a backup file) deleted the large numbered files, and now it works! Thanks! I didn't notice a change in map size either from my MCMap render.