Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IO Error #2038
12-28-2012, 08:30 PM,
Threads: 3
IO Error #2038
Edisun Offline Monster Masher View worlds
Hiya,
I keep getting this IO Error #2038 every time I try to upload my map, is there a problem on the servers end or is it something I am doing? Thanks!

-Ed
12-28-2012, 11:48 PM,
Threads: 117
RE: IO Error #2038
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
I usually see #2038 when the size is being exceeded although I've also received this when accidently clicking away from the page while waiting for the upload to finish.

Is the world really large?

The uploaded is flash based so you could check to make sure you have the latest version of flash too.
01-02-2013, 11:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013, 12:26 AM by legolad.)
Threads: 1
legolad Offline Premium View worlds
(12-28-2012, 11:48 PM)skeight Wrote: I usually see #2038 when the size is being exceeded although I've also received this when accidently clicking away from the page while waiting for the upload to finish.

Is the world really large?

The uploaded is flash based so you could check to make sure you have the latest version of flash too.

Hi Skeight,

In a possibly related issue, I have a world which is 1.2 GB uncompressed. The ZIP archive is only 735 MB.

When I upload the archive, it takes a while, but it finally completes, but instead of showing a success message, it pops a windows Error MsgBox with Error 500.

EDIT
Hrmmm. I saw a comment in another thread about not clicking outside the browser during the upload. So I tried again and this time waited until it was done before I clicked anywhere else. It appears to have successfully uploaded. No I just have to wait to see how the render turns out.
END EDIT

I always thought the 1 GB limit was for compressed files, but as this is the first time our world has crossed the 1 GB threshold in any way, I figured it was worth asking, just to be sure.

Thanks,
Legolad
Here is the previous world that I'm trying to update:
http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/GTQvc
01-03-2013, 04:02 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
I'm guessing you got this working. You're correct in assuming the limit is for the compressed files (more like an upload limit).
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM,
Threads: 1
legolad Offline Premium View worlds
(01-03-2013, 04:02 PM)skeight Wrote: I'm guessing you got this working. You're correct in assuming the limit is for the compressed files (more like an upload limit).

You guessed correctly. :-)
I checked the map this morning and it's fine.
Looks like the trick is just not to do anything at all while your upload is happening.

Lesson learned.

As an aside, I've seen other requests for allowing 2 GB. I don't know when we will reach that, but it no longer seems like a distant possibility. So, if you're still considering it, count me as someone who'd be willing to make another donation for the privilege.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Legolad