Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having some issues with the new Tekkit renders
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM,
Threads: 1
Having some issues with the new Tekkit renders
Larva Offline Premium View worlds
A Tekkit Lite world just returns a blank map if you attempt to use the new Classic render option.

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/8_qR6

Probably just some incompatibility with the world type hanging things up but I wanted to give it a try anyway on the chance maybe some of the blocks worked. (Classic is MC 1.2.5 iirc, with Lite running MC 1.4.7...)

Oh well. Tongue

Thanks for all the hard work on it. We'll give it another shot after a couple thousand of those microblocks have been figured out. Wink
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM,
Threads: 117
RE: Having some issues with the new Tekkit renders
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
Thanks for helping to test it out. Smile

Tekkit Lite is *very* different from Tekkit Classic. I think almost every block id is different.

I'm not going to focus on the micro-blocks at the moment but rather getting Tekkit Lite renders working with the same basic blocks that are working in Tekkit Classic so that will be a new option coming in the near future.
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM,
Oh if you remove the custom texture pack you'll get a render to happen but most of the blocks will be weird.
03-07-2013, 02:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013, 02:44 PM by Larva.)
Threads: 1
Larva Offline Premium View worlds
Oh... I forgot I even had a custom texture on there. I'll try one again without the pack and see what kind of mess it makes. Big Grin

Anything that can be crowdsourced to help you out? Pulling block IDs into a spreadsheet, extracting textures, etc?
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM,
I'm not sure what could be crowdsourced... Most of the changes are done to textures.py (https://github.com/skeight/Minecraft-Ove...extures.py) file.

Alot of it is matching blockids with the mod and texture file and entering it into that file. If the block isn't a simple square then there is some custom drawing that needs to be done to make it look close Smile

It's a little tricky with Tekkit Lite as even the wiki is pretty base and there are some blocks that I've never even heard of lol. There was a fair bit of overlap however so it's not too bad, just a mind-numbing process.
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM,
Oh and I think the render will be pretty messed up still. Even the basics like Marble and Basalt use different block ids. Some of the machines were the same but so far most stuff has different IDs.