Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feed the Beast Blocks
03-26-2013, 04:31 AM,
Threads: 1
Feed the Beast Blocks
Gerugon Offline Premium View worlds
Hi, im pretty new here and just recently bought the premium thingie. My Maps render no problem but i can't see alot of the blocks added by the Feed the Beast Ultimate Pack (Redpower 2 being the most important i gues due to basalt and marmor). Is there any way i can fix that ? I already tried rendering it again with the tekkit light option but that didn't fix the problem =/

Thanks in advance
Gerugon

03-26-2013, 08:22 AM,
Threads: 117
RE: Feed the Beast Blocks
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
I am looking at expanding to add FTB worlds but at the moment there is no support.

The problem is that mod packs set blocks to different block ids to fix conflicts.

I'm looking at ways to try and solve this without having to manually setup every mod pack individually as FTB/Technic have tons of mod packs and it's unrealistic to support all of them manually.
03-26-2013, 11:25 AM,
Threads: 1
Gerugon Offline Premium View worlds
Alright, thanks.
04-12-2013, 05:42 PM,
Threads: 45
Osiris08 Offline Diamond Admin View worlds
i know a simple fix for that. When the user uplaods a mod back world just have them select a mod pack. have different render types for each mod pack.
04-14-2013, 12:01 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
(04-12-2013, 05:42 PM)Osiris08 Wrote: i know a simple fix for that. When the user uplaods a mod back world just have them select a mod pack. have different render types for each mod pack.

Yes, this is what I do. It's slightly more compilcated as each mod pack has a custom set of blockids but a lot of the work has been done in terms of drawing the blocks.

This is how the Technic stuff is supported. Given the number of FTB modpacks available though it's a lot to go through and a new solution needs to be found.
06-11-2013, 01:50 AM,
Threads: 0
Laclica Offline Premium View worlds
you could, for example, support the ultimate and the 3 most used pack's. if you start there it would be easier for you and make the project realist.

that just a suggestion. i know you tough about way more than me I'm just trying to be useful

alternatively you what auto detect you could find a couple of block ID that only exist in one of the mod and if the id is called in the map then that's the mod.