Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to set up The Permissions on a Bukkit server? -SOLVED!
08-25-2014, 03:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 05:47 AM by @_xboy15.)
Threads: 10
Question  How to set up The Permissions on a Bukkit server? -SOLVED!
@_xboy15 Offline Apple Lover View worlds
Good Day Big Grin ,

I have a Bukkit Minecraft 1.7 server, it's still under testing...

But I kinda don't know how to setup the permissions, I already have PermissionsEX, but I really don't know how to work on it.

Should I use PermissionsEX or the permissions.yml file that comes with Bukkit itself? Please tell me which is better to use and how to use it, and please don't ignore this thread Sad

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks! Big Grin
08-26-2014, 01:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 04:28 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: How to set up The Permissions on a Bukkit server?
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
I would never, ever, recommend using the build in Bukkit permissions system, it is very poorly made and will not give you the results you wish for. Since you are new to permissionsEX I recommend that you use the example permissions.yml located at http://pastebin.com/FHZVhe7u, copy and edit it to your pleasing.

If your permissions.yml gives out an error paste the entire permissions.yml into http://yamllint.com/ and correct any errors that are displayed.
YMAL is very tricky and even the slightest error can break the entire file. As an addition, never use tab spacing when creating your permissions.yml.
For example if you input
- essentials.enchant
it will display something similar to
syntax error on line 3, col 10: `- essentials.enchant '
What this is telling you is that you do not have the proper amount of spaces, which in this case it requires 4 spaces (NOT A TAB) before you type the -.

If you still have trouble even after messing around with the permissions.yml watch the following video, or reply to this thread:

08-28-2014, 04:03 AM,
Threads: 10
@_xboy15 Offline Apple Lover View worlds
(08-26-2014, 01:21 PM)Nathangorr Wrote: I would never, ever, recommend using the build in Bukkit permissions system, it is very poorly made and will not give you the results you wish for. Since you are new to permissionsEX I recommend that you use the example permissions.yml located at http://pastebin.com/FHZVhe7u, copy and edit it to your pleasing.

If your permissions.yml gives out an error paste the entire permissions.yml into http://yamllint.com/ and correct any errors that are displayed.
YMAL is very tricky and even the slightest error can break the entire file. As an addition, never use tab spacing when creating your permissions.yml.
For example if you input
- essentials.enchant
it will display something similar to
syntax error on line 3, col 10: `- essentials.enchant '
What this is telling you is that you do not have the proper amount of spaces, which in this case it requires 4 spaces (NOT A TAB) before you type the -.

If you still have trouble even after messing around with the permissions.yml watch the following video, or reply to this thread:

The link of pastebin.com was EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you so much! Big Grin

I was also satisfied of the info about the spaces and the tabs These actually helped me a lot during my process But it took me a while to understand the group things, and so much time to set the whole file, but it works perfectly.

Thanks again! Smile
08-28-2014, 10:26 AM,
Threads: 24
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(08-28-2014, 04:03 AM)@_xboy15 Wrote: The link of pastebin.com was EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you so much! Big Grin

I was also satisfied of the info about the spaces and the tabs These actually helped me a lot during my process But it took me a while to understand the group things, and so much time to set the whole file, but it works perfectly.

Thanks again! Smile
Glad I could help!
08-01-2019, 04:45 AM,
Threads: 0
How to set up The Permissions on a Bukkit server SOLVED
AnnaLudvigovna Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
I have tried multiple times and it has given me the following message "There was an error adding the Alistar skin to your account. Please try again later."