Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are pocket edition maps supported?
10-05-2014, 05:17 PM,
Threads: 2
Are pocket edition maps supported?
ubernub Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Hello! I'm using MCPE 0.9.5 and my map doesn't seem to be rendering at all (just a compass showing up at 0,0). Are MCPE maps supported?

Thanks!
10-08-2014, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: Are pocket edition maps supported?
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
Our site unfortunately cannot read the file format of Minecraft Pocket Edition maps due to the fact that it uses a different type of region files then the PC Minecraft maps. This may be a upcoming feature if possible, I'm not entirely sure.
02-22-2016, 12:16 AM,
Threads: 0
PatDen Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Any update on MCPE support? And if not, does anyone have ideas for how someone could render a MCPE IOS map that has been copied onto a Windows 7 PC?
02-23-2016, 12:09 PM,
We will not be adding render support for iOS/mobile Minecraft version maps, sorry.
You can, however, convert iOS maps to PC maps and render them on our site. Try out this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKg6jsEOC1w
02-24-2016, 02:07 AM,
It worked great. I was feeling like I was in a dead end with the MCPE files, but no longer. All thanks to you. Much appreciated.

So it seems that the Windows 10 and MCPE files are drag and drop compatible. I was able to play it on Windows 10, but my upload seems to have failed on this site. You said you don't support iOS/mobile version maps, but the 'conversion' was literally to cut and paste the files into the Windows 10 directory. Now I'm wondering if the files change after I played the game and made some changes.

The upload instructions were straightforward and I believe I followed them correctly. Compress the directory of the world, upload. Attach screenshot, upload. Is there any way to sort out what I've managed to do wrong? Did I need to make changes to the world in Windows 10 before the files would work? Since they were literally copied from the iOS device, maybe I uploaded them before Windows 10 changed anything? Would that be the issue?

Thanks again and thanks so very much. Very appreciative since this map is kinda important. My son has been working on his world for weeks (months?) and at some point he changed from creative to survival, died, and respawned at the start. He can't find the stuff he was making. Right now the only hope seems to be looking at a nighttime map rendering of his world to find the torches he dropped many "days" away from the spawn point.
02-24-2016, 05:37 AM,
Any ideas? All I'm getting are blank white screens with a compass. Wasn't 100% about the first one, try two was played in Windows 10, and the last one was after making some changes to the world.

First try: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/cH7eY
Second: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/_iW8A
Third: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/nMMIv

Sorry for the waste of space, I'm only keeping these in the hopes it helps sort out what's wrong - I'll be sure to delete the "spares" and do one good load once I figure what I'm doing wrong.
02-24-2016, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016, 03:33 PM by Nathangorr.)
(02-24-2016, 02:07 AM)PatDen Wrote: It worked great. I was feeling like I was in a dead end with the MCPE files, but no longer. All thanks to you. Much appreciated.

So it seems that the Windows 10 and MCPE files are drag and drop compatible. I was able to play it on Windows 10, but my upload seems to have failed on this site. You said you don't support iOS/mobile version maps, but the 'conversion' was literally to cut and paste the files into the Windows 10 directory. Now I'm wondering if the files change after I played the game and made some changes.

The upload instructions were straightforward and I believe I followed them correctly. Compress the directory of the world, upload. Attach screenshot, upload. Is there any way to sort out what I've managed to do wrong? Did I need to make changes to the world in Windows 10 before the files would work? Since they were literally copied from the iOS device, maybe I uploaded them before Windows 10 changed anything? Would that be the issue?

Thanks again and thanks so very much. Very appreciative since this map is kinda important. My son has been working on his world for weeks (months?) and at some point he changed from creative to survival, died, and respawned at the start. He can't find the stuff he was making. Right now the only hope seems to be looking at a nighttime map rendering of his world to find the torches he dropped many "days" away from the spawn point.

Apologies, I failed to realise that the tutorial I gave you was for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, not Minecraft for Windows 10. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, unfortunately, is not supported by our site either, as it is still classified as a Minecraft PE version. This means that iOS shares the same directory and file structure, allowing easy "conversions" between the two versions.

I did a bit more research on conversions, but I have only been running into dead ends. It seems that any PE to PC conversions are either Android only, and/or only have support for PE version 0.9.0 and below. I'll do a bit more looking over the next few days, but I'm not sure I'm going find anything. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you want to be adventurous, here's some tutorials that you could try out. I do not know if either of them work, as I have not tried them myself.
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/question...pc-version
https://www.reddit.com/r/MCPE/comments/1..._pe_to_pc/
02-24-2016, 05:52 PM,
Drrrrat! I appreciate your efforts and if you find anything, please let me know. I've been running into lots of dead ends, myself. I had already tried both of the sources you sent. The first, like others, only works for version 0.9.0 and earlier and the second probably works, but can only copy 256 x 256 x256 blocks at a time. It would literally take years to go that route.

I'm adventurous enough to attempt to code something myself, if only I could find a reference for what the heck the MC-PE file format actually is. Minecraft is such a huge phenomena, and as much information as there is on the topic, I'm baffled there isn't more information about something as fundamental as the structure of the data files.

I hope you find something before me, but I'll definitely report back if I find anything at all.