Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
map discrepancy
06-13-2015, 01:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2015, 01:50 PM by TheMills22.)
Threads: 9
map discrepancy
TheMills22 Offline Premium View worlds

.png   Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 12.04.55 PM.png (Size: 689.43 KB / Downloads: 11)
.png   2015-06-13_12.38.42.png (Size: 1.07 MB / Downloads: 11) so here are two .png images -- one is what I see on your site, the other is what I see in my world. What do you see when you look at these coordinates? I emptied my graphics cache, uploaded twice... help please?

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/...160/-3/0/0
06-14-2015, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 02:56 PM by Emperor_Niro.)
Threads: 1
RE: map discrepancy
Emperor_Niro Offline Member View worlds
This is what the area looks like to me when I downloaded your map, and as it is the same as the render of your map, I can conclude that there's nothing wrong on the site's end. The only reason I can think of that explains why the version of the map on the site is not the same as your personal version is because you've accidentally uploaded an earlier version from before the new sections of track were completed. I suggest playing your world to confirm the version is have is up-to-date, and uploading that version again, but first you should remove all similarly-named files (including any previous versions of the map you have saved) from anywhere that will be visible to you when you upload the map (including file folders that you will visit when you're uploading the world, and your desktop if you need to click on anything there), as this should ensure that only the recent version of the map is presented to you with no chance of accidentally clicking on an outdated version.
06-14-2015, 01:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 01:59 PM by TheMills22.)
OK -- here are 4 Grabs; the first two and the second two .tiff files are pairs from the same areas at different zoom levels. Structures show up at a distance and disappear closer in. That's a rendering issue on your end, right?

Another issue arises:

Now when I'm trying to attach the 4 .tiff files, the "new attachment" button doesn't seem to be working today... I choose the attachment, press Add Attachment and then I Preview Post and there is no attachment there. Several tries. Bagel.

When I go to Attachment Manager, only yesterday's files show up. Sigh. I'll email them to you.

Suggestions? Thanks!
06-14-2015, 03:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 06:49 AM by Emperor_Niro.)
Threads: 1
Emperor_Niro Offline Member View worlds
(06-14-2015, 01:49 PM)TheMills22 Wrote: OK -- here are 4 Grabs; the first two and the second two .tiff files are pairs from the same areas at different zoom levels. Structures show up at a distance and disappear closer in. That's a rendering issue on your end, right?

Another issue arises:

Now when I'm trying to attach the 4 .tiff files, the "new attachment" button doesn't seem to be working today... I choose the attachment, press Add Attachment and then I Preview Post and there is no attachment there. Several tries. Bagel.

When I go to Attachment Manager, only yesterday's files show up. Sigh. I'll email them to you.

Suggestions? Thanks!

In my experience, the problem of things rendering differently at different zoom levels is a problem that takes care of itself over time. I think it's a problem with the browser's cache, but I've never looked into it as the problem doesn't persist.

The issue with attachments is something I noticed as well. The way I get around that is to simply not use them by instead uploading to a dedicated image-hosting site (such as Imgur) and linking to my uploaded images. The text necessary to make hyperlinking work on this site is this. The brackets are square, and the text that reads "Text that will be visible" is the only part that appears, with the URL of the image invisible.
06-16-2015, 04:27 AM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
Yeah Emperor_Niro is correct, this looks like a browser cache issue. If you look at the map a lot then the browser can cache certain map images. Clearing the browser cache will ensure you see the updated version at all zoom levels.
06-16-2015, 04:03 PM,
OK but since that possibility was mentioned awhile back, I've been clearing my cache (twice) on Chrome before opening a newly uploaded map; I still have the same issue at various Y's. But, right, it does not persist after several viewings. How can that be my browser if I'm flushing?

Another general discrepancy exists between your map's coordinate system and my version's coordinates; I haven't quantified the error exactly, but its enough to be annoying (20+) when locating spawners. Just so you know.

Minor stuff really -- at the top of my wish-list is the Oculus Rift version; my world is designed to be a comfortable immersive experience (sorry HoloLense, but there are certainly other apps that need you). So when you have time... Smile
06-19-2015, 05:03 AM,
Threads: 33
mamxan Offline silk touch lover View worlds
do you use some sort of proxy server? could be, that the proxy has the old version of the map in cache...
06-21-2015, 06:48 PM,
Proxy server, nope... good news is that last render was accurate. Thanks!