Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping Ideas
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM,
Threads: 13
Lightbulb  Mapping Ideas
sstruzik Offline Premium View worlds
  • In the BROWSE section note which maps are premium, so we can easily identify which ones have more detail. This might also increase ones desire to go premium and generate more revenue.
  • In the BROWSE section weed out all maps that don't work. Currently there a quite a few that don't.
  • As an option, allow folks to turn off the spawn marker. Often times the spawn is in the heart of your create and the spawn marker blocks prime real estate.

Thanks SKeight!
06-04-2012, 11:58 PM,
Threads: 117
RE: Mapping Ideas
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
(06-04-2012, 06:16 PM)sstruzik Wrote:
  • In the BROWSE section note which maps are premium, so we can easily identify which ones have more detail. This might also increase ones desire to go premium and generate more revenue.
  • In the BROWSE section weed out all maps that don't work. Currently there a quite a few that don't.
  • As an option, allow folks to turn off the spawn marker. Often times the spawn is in the heart of your create and the spawn marker blocks prime real estate.

Excellent ideas and your timing is impeccable! I've got some extra time to do some updates to the site and started working on it earlier today.

I can't guarantee all these will make it in but I will add them to the list.

Other things I'm looking at doing:
  • Premium feature - Custom texture packs
  • Make North Direction feature available to all members
  • Adding Categories to help with the organization of the maps
    • Adventure
    • Server
    • Puzzle
    • Personal - Survival
    • Personal - Creative

06-05-2012, 03:55 AM,
Threads: 2
lewis5252 Offline Member View worlds
sounds good
06-06-2012, 09:35 AM,
I finished the update to give premium members the ability to add custom texture packs.

It appears to work quite well. Here's the world from my let's play rendered with the Dokucraft HD texture pack.

Check it out here

You can upload any texture pack however I don't automatically add a world to the render queue after you upload the file. I wasn't sure if people would want to make other adjustments first so don't forget to check the "Render Again" checkbox if you want the world back in the queue.

Starting the update on the categories which will include "Premium" as one of the categories so you'll be able to view just the premium maps as well.

Any other ideas, this is a good time to be posting them since I have a little more free time to work on this.
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM by mamxan.)
Threads: 33
mamxan Offline silk touch lover View worlds
  • points of interest inside map
  • better description formating (pictures,..)
  • new videos Wink
  • something with the former block stats area
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM,
Threads: 0
liciwici Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
how about a 2D gui where u have a slider to go up and down through the layers?
And how about a route finder? Like cave systems from the surface that go to strongholds and other stuff. Also, show diamond ores XD
06-09-2012, 10:17 AM,
Threads: 2
lsouc Offline Premium View worlds
Implementing what is discussed here: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/forum/T...ragons-Map
06-21-2012, 07:03 AM,
Threads: 33
mamxan Offline silk touch lover View worlds
lots of map-comments appear multiple times in the last few days, can you pls fix that, skeight? and maybe add some sort of spam protection like on the forums, where you have to wait 60sec after being able to post again.
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM,
Threads: 94
larperdoodle Offline Diamond Miner View worlds
also instead of the upload process asking for the archive first, it should ask for everything else first. This would save alot of "you must include a screenshot, please try again" on mapping support.
06-22-2012, 10:08 AM,
(06-21-2012, 12:25 PM)larperdoodle Wrote: also instead of the upload process asking for the archive first, it should ask for everything else first. This would save alot of "you must include a screenshot, please try again" on mapping support.

My thinking here is that for people with large archives they can start the upload process and then while waiting for that to finish, work on the screenshot, title, description, etc. Similar to how YouTube allows you to upload videos.

The fields are clearly marked as required on the form so for the trouble here well, I don't know if it matter what you do, some people just experience problems.