Yes - just clean up
41.94%
13 41.94%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Play World Spawn World - Earn Diamond for voting
03-23-2012, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 10:59 AM by Ahrash2194.)
Threads: 92
Play World Spawn World - Earn Diamond for voting
Ahrash2194 Offline A Simple Moderator View worlds
Needed to redo this topic due to lack of clarity. Thanks to Dark_Arkarin for most of the ideas.

As we all know, play world has become a major world on our server. And also we all know that the spawn area is WAY to crowded. It is not a good looking place to present to new players as it shows that the server just does not care about it's appearance. Im not here to bash on anyones builds, but in my opinion, most of the buildings are unappealing and must go. My proposed plan is this, 1. Move the spawn area as a whole to a new location, which in my opinion is a last resort because of the community that we have all set up, 2. Restrict building to only a select few builders in an X amount of blocks ( this option can be modified, doesn't sound to appealing right now I know, but In my opinion i think it is the best option) or 3. Keep all buildings left there to be unappealing to all. 4. Implement Ahrash's Spawn area.

Click - Clean up for option # 2

The current Play world spawn.

My proposed play world spawn. ( Includes all world info etc. )

Or just starting over.

Buildings would be saved, moved to a location you want to.
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM,
Threads: 45
RE: Play World Spawn World
Osiris08 Offline Diamond Admin View worlds
Ahrash I really like your spawn, but I dont want to just start the world over. Perhaps move spawn not too far away, move some of the builidngs aside and have a road leading right to where the current spawn is. The current one is nice because it is like the mall. It has all of the shops and is all around location for spawn. But I do agree. Cleaning up would be a great idea.
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM,
Threads: 92
RE: Play World Spawn World
Ahrash2194 Offline A Simple Moderator View worlds
Every Vote will give you one diamond in play world, just ask me. Only one vote allowed per person.
03-24-2012, 05:31 PM,
Threads: 57
RE: Play World Spawn World - Earn Diamond for voting
Dark_Akarin Offline Gold Miner View worlds
I really don't like the idea of having to re-build my shop, it took days to link the signs correctly, i wont be doing it a second time.

I do however agree with the tidy up and white list option for building.
03-24-2012, 06:22 PM,
See, I am with Dark. His shop is great and I dont want to see him have to do it all over again. I like the idea of a new spawn, but I dont like the idea of having to tear down any shops. Well... maybe a few but not Darks.
03-24-2012, 09:03 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
If spawn gets changed we will just move its location. I don't really mind spawn although I have thought about this myself on several occasions in the past when it was messier.

Frankly I like the idea of not having to walk hundreds of blocks just to find a place to build and I think that's a good thing to keep. I don't want spawn to become this giant place showing off what WE can build before people can even play the game.

We could even look at moving a couple specific buildings to make way for other buildings that are nicer. I have been working on the Hall of Hammers with Sir_Scott331 lately and would like to see a lot of the smaller shops moved into here which would remove a lot of the weaker builds from spawn.

I kinda like having Dark's shop immediately accessible for new players where they can grab some wood or coal or whatever to head off and build their house and get situated.
03-24-2012, 09:05 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
Gimmie my diamond!!!! Big Grin
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM,
Threads: 6
dehvokahn Offline Banned View worlds
Got my vote! Diamond? ^_^

Ahrash: really like the mall!

Skeight: No! It's MY Diamond Tongue haha j/k

hmm ... What about putting a minecart station in like the one Osiris made in Creative? He and I can make them (we found the design and have both made several)

This would allow for some moving around to different central locations that could then allow for branching out and building in different types of areas. It might even encourage some diversity and competition in the way people build, causing nicer builds to try to attract people to the different areas. Kind of like city competition in real life!

My $0.02 worth ... or maybe $0.25 worth Tongue hehe
04-06-2012, 11:00 AM,
Threads: 19
Wink  RE: Play World Spawn World - Earn Diamond for voting
Sir_Scott331 Offline Mob Killer View worlds
Would like to buy a shop
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM,
It is looking to look quite nicer, but I am noticing more and more grieving at spawn. It needs a lot of clean ups. I still vote for the training phase of the server, since I notice a lot of people that dont realize they are grieving. This doesnt fix all grieving, but perhaps having hoops that need jumped through will limit the people who just want to jump on and grieve.