Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why haven't people heard about this place?
05-27-2016, 05:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2016, 05:10 PM by NyuuLucy.)
Threads: 2
RE: Why haven't people heard about this place?
NyuuLucy Offline Member View worlds
As someone who typically alternates between short periods of intense interest/work on a project or hobby and months long stretches where I don't work on it at all the lack of activity here grieves me. I know a lot of people get a lot out of communities where they can ask about something or start a discussion that have like a response a week for many months but when I wanna talk Minecraft on the interwebs my ideal would be a real-time conversation like I'm in the room with people. Sadly you marathoners are by your very nature vastly more likely to set up and maintain (both the actual running of said sites and in terms of having "power users" who just know the site and who's who etc) a community dedicated to a given topic than sprinters like me are (sites whose admins/mods do fantastic and cool things 2 months a year and don't even log in the remaining ten don't survive) not touched and I think that gears sites like this (and the official forums) more towards more casual discussions.

I'm not complaining about the site really or saying the admins/mods here aren't post-human demi-god miracle-workers I'm just wondering if anybody else gets that feeling.

tl;dr Reality is rigged! I'm calling the ACLU!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why haven't people heard about this place? - by NyuuLucy - 05-27-2016, 05:09 PM