Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map fails to render
08-24-2016, 05:36 PM,
Threads: 1
Map fails to render
fuchsdh Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
What it says on the tin. Going through the troubleshooting thread, I did have one possible issue (there was an old MCR file type) which I removed and tried again, to no avail (I was also uploading this world archive previously with no issues.) 

After successfully uploading and being added to the render queue, I still get the previous render from a few months ago (the last time I uploaded the map). Reuploads and cache clearing has not worked.

The world in question: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/...4/-245/0/0

Thanks!
08-25-2016, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 04:39 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: Map fails to render
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(08-24-2016, 05:36 PM)fuchsdh Wrote: What it says on the tin. Going through the troubleshooting thread, I did have one possible issue (there was an old MCR file type) which I removed and tried again, to no avail (I was also uploading this world archive previously with no issues.) 

After successfully uploading and being added to the render queue, I still get the previous render from a few months ago (the last time I uploaded the map). Reuploads and cache clearing has not worked.

The world in question: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/...4/-245/0/0

Thanks!

Please note that our service may take up to 8 hours for a 2.7GB map to fully render. Additionally, make sure you stay on the map's edit page until your archive has finished uploading.

For me to help you, you will need to provide me with a download to the map. Either send me a PM with the map's download or enable your map to be downloadable.
08-28-2016, 11:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 11:25 AM by fuchsdh.)
The map is now available to download.

I've waited days for it to re-render, with no change. Recently I've been getting 500 errors after the map has uploaded.
08-28-2016, 11:22 PM,
Threads: 24
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(08-28-2016, 11:24 AM)fuchsdh Wrote: The map is now available to download.

I've waited days for it to re-render, with no change. Recently I've been getting 500 errors after the map has uploaded.

When uploading a copy of your world, I ended up running into the same issue you identified, which can be seen in my screenshot below.

[Image: zPYs6BK.png]

When performing several tests, I concluded that your problem is occurring due to the size of your world. You can find a functional render of a compressed version of your world by viewing the URL http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/n9Ze1. To my knowledge, this is a server-side issue, where the site restricts the size of a file that you can upload at once. Unfortunately, I do not believe that this is an issue that you can resolve yourself without shrinking the size of your map using a tool such as MCEdit. Since I assume that this is not a logical solution, I will be contacting Skeight, the site owner, to resolve this issue. Please note that this may take some time for a resolution for this problem to be implemented.
08-29-2016, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM by Nathangorr.)
(08-28-2016, 11:22 PM)Nathangorr Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 11:24 AM)fuchsdh Wrote: The map is now available to download.

When uploading a copy of your world, I ended up running into the same issue you identified, which can be seen in my screenshot below.

[Image: zPYs6BK.png]

When performing several tests, I concluded that your problem is occurring due to the size of your world. You can find a functional render of a compressed version of your world by viewing the URL http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/n9Ze1. To my knowledge, this is a server-side issue, where the site restricts the size of a file that you can upload at once. Unfortunately, I do not believe that this is an issue that you can resolve yourself without shrinking the size of your map using a tool such as MCEdit. Since I assume that this is not a logical solution, I will be contacting Skeight, the site owner, to resolve this issue. Please note that this may take some time for a resolution for this problem to be implemented.
Ah, okay. I thought it m ight be the size but it seemed like it skated under the free/pro 3GB limit. Thanks for the inf o!