Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passwords leaked
09-27-2016, 08:34 AM,
Threads: 1
Passwords leaked
ende124 Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Thanks for having a database leak so my password is leaked. This happened in january, idk if you guys know, but literally anyone can check your password you use on this site. Just a heads up.
09-27-2016, 05:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2016, 05:16 AM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: Passwords leaked
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(09-27-2016, 08:34 AM)ende124 Wrote: Thanks for having a database leak so my password is leaked. This happened in january, idk if you guys know, but literally anyone can check your password you use on this site. Just a heads up.

I am truly sorry that we did not inform you about this breach. When it occurred, both Skeight and I brushed it off as a wannabe hacker; which we have encountered many times in the past. You can see the response to this incident below:

(01-16-2016, 08:58 AM)skeight Wrote: The following private message did not come from me or anyone here.  This was spoofed by someone who decided to send out all these emails.

You have received a new private message on Minecraft World Map from skeight:
------------------------------------------
Hey guys wanted to let you know about the new awesome server!
Make sure to come and join and be a part of the community! Smile
Server IP: [REMOVED]
------------------------------------------

Sorry about that everyone - working on figuring out who did this.

I looked into this incident in early August, after EndenDragon's post, but neither Skeight nor I came up with many valid sources proving this breach occurred. Unfortunately, authentic sources claiming that our site was compromised came up on August 29th; something I was not aware of this until now.

Again, I apologize that this incident occurred, and I hope we can regain your trust. I have contacted Skeight about this, and a resolution should be put in place soon. I know it's been eight months since the incident, but it's better late than never.
09-28-2016, 11:07 PM,
Vincent294 Offline Premium View worlds
So they did get the passwords? You should email everyone to reset them, it's only a matter of time before the encryption can be cracked. It's the right thing to do.
09-29-2016, 12:48 AM,
ende124 Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
(09-28-2016, 11:07 PM)Vincent294 Wrote: So they did get the passwords? You should email everyone to reset them, it's only a matter of time before the encryption can be cracked. It's the right thing to do.

You mean the hashes? Yeah, they are already cracked, this happened in January, so the passwords have been publicly available for some time.
10-01-2016, 09:07 AM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds