Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide Cave View
10-16-2016, 10:28 PM,
Threads: 1
Hide Cave View
AF79gaming Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Just came across this site, which I LOVE so far. I thought it'd be cool to upload a map of the survival server I'm hosting to help aid in visualizing where things are for the players. However, there is a cave render, which may allow for players to "cheat" and find patterns/locations of mine shafts or monster spawners. Can we hide that render? Also, the server's seed number is showing, which players may abuse to load in a Single Player world to find fortresses and things of that nature. Can we hide the seed number as well?

Below is a link to the map of mine in question:

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/users/A...-90/-5/0/0
10-17-2016, 02:20 PM,
Threads: 24
RE: Hide Cave View
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(10-16-2016, 10:28 PM)AF79gaming Wrote: Just came across this site, which I LOVE so far. I thought it'd be cool to upload a map of the survival server I'm hosting to help aid in visualizing where things are for the players. However, there is a cave render, which may allow for players to "cheat" and find patterns/locations of mine shafts or monster spawners. Can we hide that render? Also, the server's seed number is showing, which players may abuse to load in a Single Player world to find fortresses and things of that nature. Can we hide the seed number as well?

Below is a link to the map of mine in question:

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/users/A...-90/-5/0/0

We do not allow for users to disable the cave view for their maps. The lack of this feature shouldn't be much of a problem, however. Cave view generally displays caves very inaccurately, as its primary purpose seems to be focused on rendering well lit player-made structures.

The seed display cannot currently be disabled either. I did find a clever way around this, however. Since our site retrieves your world's seed from its level.dat, you can use a tool such as NBTExplorer to spoof the seed that is displayed. Below, you can see my original map's seed is -9121988953315066240.

Using NBTExplorer, I can change my map's seed to "123456789123". You must use a lengthy number when doing this, do not use single digits or leave the field blank.

After uploading your map to our site, you will see that the seed reflects the fake seed that you set in the level.dat.