Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Minecraft 1.3 Update
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM,
Threads: 94
RE: Minecraft 1.3 Update
larperdoodle Offline Diamond Miner View worlds
(08-03-2012, 01:34 PM)skeight Wrote: I am heading out of town this weekend and will be back on Monday August 6th where we will do the finishing touches and go live with the new server. If I'm not too tired from travelling I'll likely livestream this process.
Maybe do another Community Day on Monday, when the server goes live with 1.3? TNT Olympics should be out by then, and we could give that a go.

08-03-2012, 02:19 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
(08-03-2012, 02:08 PM)larperdoodle Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 01:34 PM)skeight Wrote: I am heading out of town this weekend and will be back on Monday August 6th where we will do the finishing touches and go live with the new server. If I'm not too tired from travelling I'll likely livestream this process.
Maybe do another Community Day on Monday, when the server goes live with 1.3? TNT Olympics should be out by then, and we could give that a go.

That's a good idea. I can't guarantee it as I may be really tired and I'm not sure what time we're getting home on Monday but we'll see.

Hit that follow button on twitch.tv/skeight99 if you want to be notified when I turn on the livestream!
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM,
Threads: 0
creepercrafter2 Offline Member View worlds
so i read the posts and so now i know it wont take more than a month......so ok but is the buges going to be fixed soon?
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012, 08:29 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
No one knows when bukkit is going to come out creeper, not even the develpers know. Here is what vilSeph (creator of bukkit) says:

With the Minecraft 1.3 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.3. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the size of the impending 1.3 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.3. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.3 preview was made available to the public, a lot of things were added, removed and changed in Minecraft from 1.2.5 and, as such, this update requires more work than usual to get things up and running. That being said, we'll continue to do our best to get an update out within a reasonable amount of time and will likely follow our usual policy of promoting the first Recommended Build the moment we get something that compiles and runs without any testing done whatsoever.

As we have done a significant amount of...
Also, for the people who updated here is what else vilSeph said:

If you're using the new Minecraft launcher, you have a choice on whether or not you want to update to the latest Minecraft release - simply choose "Not now" when it asks if you want to update and you can continue to play on your pre-update Minecraft server.

If you're not using the new Minecraft launcher, backup your old launcher and update it by downloading it from http://minecraft.net, then follow the steps above.

It usually takes us a few hours AT LEAST to get Bukkit working with the latest Minecraft update, so you're better off playing a different game or staying on the previous version of Minecraft, instead. If you have a special server that requires lots of mods, like a class-based server, consider backing up your world, running the new Minecraft update and calling it a grief/fun/fool-around period OR stay on your current version and just keep playing.

Just remember, always backup so you can switch between versions. You're no longer forced to go weeks without a Bukkit powered server.

Once we have a new Bukkit build that is compatible with the newest Minecraft update, we'll put it under rigorous testing and then promote it as a Recommended Build. Usually, due to the way Bukkit and CraftBukkit are designed, plugins should work just fine but there's no guarantee that this is always the case so be sure to test everything on a test server before you go live.

Lastly, we're fully aware that a new update is out - usually before anyone else. Don't spam the forums with threads or IRC with messages informing us that there's a new Minecraft update out. We know. And we're working on updating Bukkit to work with it. The more you bother us, the longer it'll take.
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM,
Back from Camping Smile

I checked into the latest bukkit builds and while it does fix a lot of game-breaking bugs it also breaks a lot of critical plugins (namely residence)

So we're going to have to wait a little longer for the 1.3.1 Multiplayer Server is done.
08-06-2012, 08:07 PM,
oh Sad
08-07-2012, 03:07 AM,
Threads: 2
Llamas_Rock Offline Member View worlds
When will the update be done because the server page sayse before 10pm on august 6th, and it went offline at about 1pm and i thought that was you updating, so i updated ready for when the server was up, will it be soon it updates, if so i wont bother getting a downgrader, but if it will take a long time i will get the downgrader.
08-07-2012, 09:53 AM,
(08-07-2012, 03:07 AM)Llamas_Rock Wrote: When will the update be done because the server page sayse before 10pm on august 6th, and it went offline at about 1pm and i thought that was you updating, so i updated ready for when the server was up, will it be soon it updates, if so i wont bother getting a downgrader, but if it will take a long time i will get the downgrader.

There was a recommended build for bukkit released today. Now that that is ready the plugin developers will start fixing bugs with their code. I'll be running another test this afternoon and hopefully it works... ???
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM,
Update looks good. We're live on 1.3.1 now.
08-07-2012, 07:22 PM,
yay! Big Grin