Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map in limbo state
03-09-2017, 03:10 AM,
Threads: 1
Map in limbo state
QMD_one Offline Premium View worlds
Hi all,

since last Sunday our map 'Amida and it's surroundingsis in the render queue with no progress shown. Usually the rendering process take only a dozen minutes.

Moreover the map has disappeared from my map repository. This is concerning since we had written a lot of descriptions on the comment section.

Are there any chances to recover it ?  Undecided

Best regards.
03-09-2017, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017, 10:00 AM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
RE: Map in limbo state
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(03-09-2017, 03:10 AM)QMD_one Wrote: Hi all,

since last Sunday our map 'Amida and it's surroundingsis in the render queue with no progress shown. Usually the rendering process take only a dozen minutes.

Moreover the map has disappeared from my map repository. This is concerning since we had written a lot of descriptions on the comment section.

Best regards.

I'm not sure what would have caused this, but I don't believe that we take backups of each map. Our site contains over 40TB of maps, and it would be relatively costly to retain such a large backup. I will ask Skeight about this in my next email, but I'm very doubtful that it exists. Sorry for the inconvenience.
03-09-2017, 01:59 PM,
(03-09-2017, 09:59 AM)Nathangorr Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 03:10 AM)QMD_one Wrote: Hi all,

Best regards.

I'm not sure what would have caused this, but I don't believe that we take backups of each map. Our site contains over 40TB of maps, and it would be relatively costly to retain such a large backup. I will ask Skeight about this in my next email, but I'm very doubtful that it exists. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok thanks, nice of you to ask. We are mostly interested to not loose the meta data. The map itself is backuped elsewhere.  Smile
03-09-2017, 11:37 PM,
Threads: 117
skeight Offline Administrator View worlds
This was marked to be deleted in the database but since you caught it in time I was able to recover the world.  Eventually the world data would have been purged but that process hadn't executed for your world yet.

You might want to re-render.
03-10-2017, 01:12 AM,
(03-09-2017, 11:37 PM)skeight Wrote: This was marked to be deleted in the database but since you caught it in time I was able to recover the world.  Eventually the world data would have been purged but that process hadn't executed for your world yet.

You might want to re-render.

Many thanks ! You saved the day  Big Grin