Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1:45 Japan!!
06-23-2017, 05:15 AM,
Threads: 1
1:45 Japan!!
MrVolcanoes22 Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Hello all. This is my first time posting here, and already I have a massive project in mind. I hope to create a 1:45 scale map of the main islands of Japan, (Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku), without vertical exaggeration! Given the scale of this project, and that my main computer is currently toast, to actually have an explorable map will probably take about two weeks if I do not get lazy. I also hope to recreate several cities (albeit positionally not necesarilly to scale), perhaps all cities with a population above, say, 100,000 people. As an experiment I have already created a map approximately 1km by 1km of Fuji and the immediate vicinity down to the nearest shore line. Using stone slabs as the facades of skyscrapers and modifying wool to appear as roads, I have been able to give what I believe is an incredible sense of scale. Please comment if you have any critique or suggestions!

.png   Minecraft Fuji.png (Size: 338.47 KB / Downloads: 6)
06-23-2017, 04:41 PM,
Threads: 10
RE: 1:45 Japan!!
thescarletrook Offline Premium View worlds
Let me know if you want to use any japanese style buildings that I have made. Check out my maps for samples. Just drop my name if you use them.