Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Minecraft use in Elementary school
09-05-2017, 02:04 AM,
Threads: 1
Question on Minecraft use in Elementary school
samgriffin Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
Hello, 

I am working with some 4th grade teachers to develop a Minecraft unit for the topic "governance".

I would like to download or design a custom world but I have never used Minecraft before.

I am running a local "nukkit" server with Minecraft PE. It seems to be working well. Here are my questions, thanks to you all for taking a look!

1. Will students' progress save if they dont log in to a Microsoft account? (I think it does save but I want to be sure)
2. If the server allows for 200 students, is this likely to run smoothly? (I think our max will be about 80)
3. I need to create a world that is appropriate for 4th graders. How can I create/download a custom survival world that will have finite borders, run smoothly, but offer enough complexity for a fun challenge?

Thank you all very much for taking a look.

Sam
09-07-2017, 03:55 PM,
Threads: 24
RE: Question on Minecraft use in Elementary school
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(09-05-2017, 02:04 AM)samgriffin Wrote: Hello, 

I am working with some 4th grade teachers to develop a Minecraft unit for the topic "governance".

I would like to download or design a custom world but I have never used Minecraft before.

I am running a local "nukkit" server with Minecraft PE. It seems to be working well. Here are my questions, thanks to you all for taking a look!

1. Will students' progress save if they dont log in to a Microsoft account? (I think it does save but I want to be sure)
2. If the server allows for 200 students, is this likely to run smoothly? (I think our max will be about 80)
3. I need to create a world that is appropriate for 4th graders. How can I create/download a custom survival world that will have finite borders, run smoothly, but offer enough complexity for a fun challenge?

Thank you all very much for taking a look.

Sam

Students will be able to save their progress in the world without a Microsoft account. All world changes are stored in the server's default world file rather than individual clients. 

The ability to host eighty concurrent students on a Nukkit service solely depends on the resources allocated to it. Setting the simultaneous player cap to a higher number will not yield better server performance. You'll need some beefy specifications for the host machine such as 8-16GB of memory and a high core count Intel Xeon or desktop grade processor.

As for your world, could you give me more information on your objective and complexity of your map? Are you looking for a pure survival experience?