Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
increase resolution for printing?
10-21-2017, 09:08 PM,
Threads: 1
Bug  increase resolution for printing?
keif4peace Offline Premium View worlds
Hello, love the service provided by this site! I hope this is an appropriate place to pose this question.

I am trying to make a birthday present out of a map that I created. Is there any way to increase the resolution of the image when it is zoomed out so that it will be detailed when printed as a large poster?

Thanks for your help!
10-23-2017, 02:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 09:32 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 21
RE: increase resolution for printing?
Nathangorr Offline Majestic Forums Moderator View worlds
(10-21-2017, 09:08 PM)keif4peace Wrote: Hello, love the service provided by this site! I hope this is an appropriate place to pose this question.

I am trying to make a birthday present out of a map that I created. Is there any way to increase the resolution of the image when it is zoomed out so that it will be detailed when printed as a large poster?

Thanks for your help!

You should probably start by going into fullscreen mode for your map and taking a screenshot at by pressing the fullscreen button. From there you can take a screenshot the size of your monitor. Obviously, this will not allow you to create a poster quality print, but it's a start.

Generating a high-resolution image from our maps isn't a very simple procedure, as your site does not render maps for that purpose, meaning you would need to upscale your monitor. You're better off rendering your map on your computer with Overviewer, the software our site uses, which can be found at http://docs.overviewer.org.
10-27-2017, 01:04 PM,
Threads: 1
RE: increase resolution for printing?
keif4peace Offline Premium View worlds
Thank you for your help! I actually found the solution by taking a series of screenshots in fullscreen and patching them together with photoshop. Took a while but got the result I was looking for.