Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.13.x maps not renderig
05-22-2018, 02:53 AM,
Threads: 18
1.13.x maps not renderig
lord_molagbal Offline Iron Miner View worlds
will as we aprock mc v 1.13.x releace iv knotest that the site isunable to render the newest minecraft worlds i know why this is however its do to the all the blocks ingam being changed somuch that the render engon cant make heads or tails of it.

my question is will the site manager be kindeenouth to updeate the render engon to include 1.12.x and 1.13.x maps to load right or are we gonna be stuck being onlyly able to use 1.0.0-1.11.x maps?
05-22-2018, 12:52 PM,
Threads: 21
RE: 1.13.x maps not renderig
Nathangorr Offline Majestic Forums Moderator View worlds
(05-22-2018, 02:53 AM)lord_molagbal Wrote: will as we aprock mc v 1.13.x releace iv knotest that the site isunable to render the newest minecraft worlds i know why this is however its do to the all the blocks ingam being changed somuch that the render engon cant make heads or tails of it.

my question is will the site manager be kindeenouth to updeate the render engon to include 1.12.x and 1.13.x maps to load right or are we gonna be stuck being onlyly able to use 1.0.0-1.11.x maps?

Due to the rewrite of chunk formatting, our rendering service will be unable to render 1.13 maps. This will be the case until Skeight or other contributors of the Overviewer GitHub repository figure out a way around this.

Here is some more information if you are interested:
Quote:Overviewer currently assumes hardcoded IDs and data bits in both the Python and the C code; this means it would require a fundamental refactor and rewrite of overviewer to change this. Furthermore, overviewer internally generates "fake" data bits for some blocks referred to as "ancil data", which is data changing how a block looks based on ancillary blocks.

Overviewer also doesn't make use of the block models Minecraft has, since Overviewer predates them by a long time. This means all sprites you see are essentially hardcoded PIL transforms of the textures. While not strictly needed to support 1.13, it's probably going to go into the direction of more complex block models down the road.