Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019)
09-16-2018, 12:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 07:43 PM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
Brick  MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019)
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
MapViewer has been abandoned due to technical and financial reasons. Development may resume if I see continuous interest.

Progress Status

• Backup and Download Service | Status: Abandoned
  • Automated Render Setup | Status: Abandoned
  • Render Compression | Status: Abandoned
  • Web UI | Status: Abandoned
  • Bedrock Edition Support | Status: Abandoned
  • Render Network with Ansible | Status: Abandoned

Service Updates

• 9/26 - Nether (buggy in 1.13) and end regions will now render.
  • 10/6 - New compression algorithm in use, maps may be rerendered.
  • 10/9 - Service migrated from sirius.gorriaran.us to rs1.dev.gorriaran.us. All maps are being re-rendered to test automated rendering.
  • 10/10 - Extended version support from Minecraft 1.12-1.13 to 1.5-1.13.1.
  • 10/11 - Added support for worlds containing spaces and special characters.
  • 10/12 - Added JSON-based monitoring service.
  • 10/23 - Service now has its own domain! All maps currently available over HTTPS via dev.mapviewer.app.
  • 12/6 - Service is now being transitioned from Overviewer to Mapcrafter rendering software.
  • 12/6 - Render compression work abandoned due to extremely high CPU usage and long render times.
  • 12/6 - Docker support delayed while I wait for BigFootServers to integrate support.
  • 12/8 - Added select renders to storage bucket on DS1 for testing.
  • 12/30 - Docker testing abandoned due to cost concerns. Ansible development started.
  • 12/30 - Development MapViewer server changed to legacy.mapviewer.app and downgraded for the introduction of new servers.
  • 12/31 - Started early development of bedrock support using MCPE Viz. LevelDB to Anvil conversion for Overviewer abandoned due to time constraints.
  • 1/15 - Submissions closed. Thank you for participating!
  • 2/8 - Due to unforseen delays, this project's development may leak into March. All of the required scripts are written to run the rendering backend, but it's taking me a while to get the database working the way I need it to.
  • 9/9 - Project abandoned for technical issues, lack of funding, lack of support.

Messages In This Thread
MapViewer (Submissions Closed on 1/15/2019) - by Nathangorr - 09-16-2018, 12:04 PM