Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation from Moderator Position
01-15-2019, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 02:52 AM by Nathangorr.)
Threads: 24
Resignation from Moderator Position
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
Hello all,

I have been a member of Minecraft World Map for over seven years now, and I have seen the best and the worst of this site. Though I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, I can no longer comfortably moderate a site that has been entirely abandoned by the only person who has any control over any aspects of the site.

Skeight has failed to respond to any of my communication attempts for well over a year now. During this time, several critical issues have come up on the site, including but not limited to:

1. Service Unavailability - Map rendering, the sole purpose of this site, has become unavailable for months at a time.
  2. Broken Moderation Functions - Most forum tools have been broken for the moderator permission group after failing to update the forums.
  3. Upload Bugs - Users have gone months completely unable to upload their maps.
  4. Data Breach - Skeight has failed to comply with or acknowledge any account deletion requests following a crippling data breach.
  5. Lack of Updates - Minecraft World Map has not supported any of the latest versions of Minecraft.
  6. Forum Spam - Minecraft World Map's forums have been filled with spam over the past 4 years. No action has been taken to prevent this.
Though Minecraft World Map is somewhat functional after Skeight read (and only read) a private message I sent to his Reddit account, it still contains numerous exploits and bugs that have permanently damaged its reputation. I would love to stick with a site I've invested over 320 hours of my time into moderating, but I cannot comfortably remain in a position where users expect me to have more power over the site than I am actually provided.

Since the beginning, I have hoped the best for this site, but I can no longer provide the users of Minecraft World Map with the false sense of hope that the site will be resurrected. After this post, I will be demoting myself, and will no longer be speaking officially as moderator of Minecraft World Map.
01-15-2019, 10:50 AM,
Threads: 1
RE: Resignation from Moderator Position
Vincent294 Offline Premium View worlds
(01-15-2019, 02:20 AM)Nathangorr Wrote: Hello all,

I have been a member of Minecraft World Map for over seven years now, and I have seen the best and the worst of this site. Though I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, I can no longer comfortably moderate a site that has been entirely abandoned by the only person who has any control over any aspects of the site.

Skeight has failed to respond to any of my communication attempts for well over a year now. During this time, several critical issues have come up on the site, including but not limited to:

1. Service Unavailability - Map rendering, the sole purpose of this site, has become unavailable for months at a time.
  2. Broken Moderation Functions - Most forum tools have been broken for the moderator permission group after failing to update the forums.
  4. Data Breach - Skeight has failed to comply with or acknowledge any account deletion requests following a crippling data breach.
  5. Lack of Updates - Minecraft World Map has not supported any of the latest versions of Minecraft.
  6. Forum Spam - Minecraft World Map's forums have been filled with spam over the past 4 years. No action has been taken to prevent this.
Though Minecraft World Map is somewhat functional after Skeight read (and only read) a private message I sent to his Reddit account, it still contains numerous exploits and bugs that have permanently damaged its reputation. I would love to stick with a site I've invested over 320 hours of my time into moderating, but I cannot comfortably remain in a position where users expect me to have more power over the site than I am actually provided.

Since the beginning, I have hoped the best for this site, but I can no longer provide the users of Minecraft World Map with the false sense of hope that the site will be resurrected. After this post, I will be demoting myself, and will no longer be speaking officially as moderator of Minecraft World Map.
Thanks for all the work!
01-15-2019, 12:30 PM,
Threads: 0
TheBoi Offline Wood Chopper View worlds
(01-15-2019, 02:20 AM)Nathangorr Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks for all you've done! gg
01-15-2019, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 02:12 PM by raigoo.)
Threads: 7
raigoo Away Premium View worlds
Just don't give up. There is always a way to reach the goal. You do your job very well. You are the best moderator at minecraftworldmap.com ever !!

so long RaiGoo and Family
01-15-2019, 02:31 PM,
Threads: 24
Nathangorr Offline Premium View worlds
(01-15-2019, 02:11 PM)raigoo Wrote: Just don't give up. There is always a way to reach the goal.  You do your job very well. You are the best moderator at minecraftworldmap.com ever !!

so long RaiGoo and Family

The point where my efforts no longer have any effect has passed. I'm still going to stick around while I work on MapViewer, but without moderating posts. I suspect the forums will quickly fill up with spam, as no users other than me had the ability to remove it.
01-15-2019, 02:48 PM,
Threads: 7
raigoo Away Premium View worlds
Never let joy and happiness disappear from your heart. The day will come when everything will be all right again.
01-16-2019, 02:28 AM,
Threads: 0
MatthewStevenGo Offline Member View worlds
I hope your determination will last long.
03-03-2019, 07:22 PM,
Threads: 13
sstruzik Offline Premium View worlds
Nathan, thanks for all your hard work.

Skeight, thank you too. It's sad but understandable. I've always imagined running this website was more of an act of charity, and not a money-making venture. You've given me and my friends so much joy from this website.

My love for Minecraft has passed, just as I imagine Skeight's love for running this website has passed. You've done great work, we appreciate it.