402 downloads 0 comments
Whiteblock : A Whitestar skyblock survival map
Intro : This map isn't about punishing the player with a cobblestone generator that malfunctions in the first day (there's one provided).
Instead, it's about being able to make and find resources to create builds to populate a world. A world contained inside a 255x255x255 Dyson sphere that contains smaller spheres inside floating in a massive void. All of them are fall deadly. The good news, you can retrieve items dropped to the floors. The bad news - well, you'll find out.
Create different worlds or build however you like. Bonus chests provide additional resources for biome / theme builds. You can even create complex redstone gadgets.
1)Play on at least easy difficulty and stay in gamemode 0.
That's it. Honestly, I don't care how often you kill yourself. If you want to bridge-out to the 'mainland' go for it. It's a long walk tho so you'll probably want to use the resources inside. Plus there's some additional danger noted below.
Instead of a challenge list of 50 items - here's a short list for those new to skyblock on what you'll need to survive, as well as theme ideas compatible with the bonus chests you'll find elsewhere in the Sphere. It's a big place so finding them will be a challenge in of itself.
1) Build a base
2) Make a melon farm
3) Craft a furnace
4) Expand to the next sphere
5) Find the bonus chests
6) Build a desert / mesa biome
7) Build a jungle biome
8) Build a stone city
9) Build a quartz city
10) Build redstone gadgets
That's it - good luck.
P.S. Oh, three more things ...
1) Don't worry about making mob platforms - the place will be crawling with them. Although some walls are lit, the rest of the space is totally enclosed. And dark (In fact, you'll probably want to make that base pretty quick).
2) Use the bed (provided) IMMEDIATELY (you can use it anytime, the clock is frozen at midnight since day-night cycles are irrelevant inside Whitestar). The reason, "Setworldspawn" doesn't change the fact that you're 'technically' underground as the game defines it. If you die without using your bed, you'll spawn on top of Whitestar. The view is nice, but it's impossible to get back in without dying in a nice splat (although, during your fall, the view is awesome).
3) gamerule mobGriefing false has been enabled. It's bad enough to have your base blown up - it's worse when it causes an irreparable cascade of lava from 255 meters away - particularly when skeletons and creepers mix it up on their own. Of course they can and will kill you every chance they get.
Post build-pictures, comments, and angry letters here. You can also send Paypal donations if you want for future Whitestar map versions under development - I'm not picky. I spent a year making the thing without world edit. I still don't know why (to see how long it would take is the best guess I can offer). The timelapse video for 11 months (out of 11 months and 3 weeks total) is at : http://youtu.be/gGwTbZYFDa8