The city of Amida (1) was founded 40 years (2) ago around a small village. First the city was protected by stone walls and then extended to enclose two more villages with a wooden palisade. The city color is the yellow and black flag which depict the triumph of the sun over darkness. The temple is also linked to the meaning of the city color's since it is dedicated to the unconquered Sun. All minecraft players will know what it is about ;)
Underside Amida you will find an extensive railway to the fortified desert city to the west and a fully functional sewer and rain water collection system.
Linked to the city by a long arched stone bridge lies the royal fortress. A beacon is shining at night through the central dungeon. The king colors is the white and blue flag.
Further to the north the strong black fortress of Tharsis protect the northern frontier. It include a set of maze and parkour trials to test adventurers. The fortress and it's surroundings are Count Delbareth's domain.
The south border is the domain of Baron DaftPixel, recently anointed knight of the realm. It feature a fortified castle build on a hill commanding the surrounding plains and village.
Current builders include :
- PtiteA2 (Desert fort and palace "Theia"),
- DaftPixel (South castle "Ebur" and "Bar-on-the-plains" village),
- Delbareth (North black castle "Tharsis" and surroundings villages),
- Avanlance, (Village "Brie-on-the-water" to the west),
- QMD/Galien d'Arcy ("Amida" city and royal citadel).
Our aim is to build a city and it's surroundings with believable scales and structures. In order to do so we focus on realistic features. E.g. all houses have stone foundations, fortified walls extends to the rock underneath. Interior structures are supported by arched masonry or timber frames. Mines and quarries have also supporting structures.
Most style are inspired from late antiquity and early medieval architecture. Religion is polytheism with a preference to Roman naming conventions.
All work was done in survival mode, vanilla minecraft.
(1) the name of the city was chosen as a tribute to the heroic fight put by the Gauls legions during the siege of Amida in 359 as related by Ammianus Marcellinus.